The Heritage of this Historic Military Building:
1942-1947 - In WWII the Navy built it as headquarters for Naval Air Station Richmond, FL; the blimp base that fought the Nazi U-boats attacking Florida shores.
1961-1969 - During the Cold War it was CIA Station JM-WAVE, headquarters for Freedom Fighters of the anti-Castro Cuban exile community including Brigade 2506, the Manuel Artime Naval Group, and Operation Mongoose.
1970-1985 - The US Army Reserve Center during the Vietnam War; home to thousands of local Army Reservists, including the 324th Army General Hospital and other units.
1985-1992 - The US Marine Corps Reserve Center was here. Our Marine Anti-Tank TOW missile Company went from here to fight in Desert Storm.
2018-Present - Restored to the Miami Military Museum and Memorial.